Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fitness in a Funk

As I have already announced- I have a nasty sore throat/cold. EW. It has been hanging around for about 4 days now and sitting on the couch being blah and trying to recuperate isn't working for me anymore. I want to workout- I NEED to workout- but I don't want to make myself sicker! So here are some easy- low key workout moves that will keep muscles working and toned without too much cardiovascular effort to hurt lungs and throat!

1: 3-5 sets of 60 second plank pose. I love that holding yourself still can be a workout!
2. 3-5 sets (each side) of 60 second side planks
3. 3-5 sets of 25 reps of bent leg Donkey Kicks
4. 3-5 sets of 10 reps with 3-10 pound weights:
  • Bicep Curls
  • Tricep kickbacks
  • Bent side arm raises
Some of these can even be done sitting to make it less strenuous.

So there you have it! It's a little activity which will tighten and work your muscles but not overwork your sick self! This can also be done if you are not necessarily sick but just feeling kind of blah and not feeling like a full workout.

Photos: 911 body resQ, 911 body resQ, discovery fit and health

xo C

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!